Centre for Contemporary Politics is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit organization founded in May 2012 in Belgrade. Operating as a think tank focused on various areas, from the reforms of the political system, through foreign and security affairs, to protection of human and minority rights, Centre for Contemporary Politics is dedicated to reforms and the European integration process of Serbia, as well as to regional stability and cooperation.
Centre for Contemporary Politics realizes its goals through the following activities:
- Creation of policies and recommendations in various fields
- Formulation of proposition for political and social reforms
- Conducting analyses and studies on different political and social issues
- Advocacy and awareness raising on the necessary reforms, European integration and contemporary key issues the state and the society are faced with
- Reporting on the European integration and other key political processes unsufficiently known or understood by the wider public
Centre for Contemporary Politics is behind the online news portal European Western Balkans, one of the most influential portals covering the European integration process of the Western Balkans. By reporting on the European integration process of the Western Balkans countries and membership negotiations by the EU candidate states, as well as by publishing texts and interviews with both regional and European key stakeholders, experts and decision makers, European Western Balkans represents an important news source on the topic of European integration of the Western Balkans.